My FPL Team: Gameweek 1.

The Premier League is back and so is the Fantasy Premier League. Here I present you my team for the first game week of the season.


Defenders

Let me begin with De Gea, who is a no brainer for me, just like last season. The fact that he is one of the best in the world, and Mourinho's defensive tactics are two reasons enough for his selection in my team. 

Trippier's stock rose high after a wonderful World Cup. Tottenham are very strong defensively, so you can expect many clean sheets from Trippier. Moreover, he loves going forward to create chances and is capable of taking set pieces as well. So he is definitely a must have in my opinion. Same can be said about the tall John Stones, who has a knack of scoring goals from corners, and we can expect City to keep many clean sheets as well. 

Tarkowski and Yoshida, who are quite reasonable in terms of price, fill the remaining spots in my defence. 


Midfielders

Despite the huge price tag, I had to select Mo Salah. He is definitely worth the price, after what he did last season. I expect more of the same from him this season, which is why he is captain as well.

Willian was fantastic in the World Cup and at just 7.5 pounds, I think he is a bargain. Gudmundsson and Albrighton fill the other spots in midfield as they are decent players who are quite cheap as well.

Strikers

Yes Harry Kane does not score in August, but I have a feeling he will start the season with a bang this time. Then I have Marko Arnautovic, who is such talented player. And at just 7 pounds, I think he is another bargain. 

Bench

I am a big fan of Solomon Rondon, so in case any first team player in my team misses out, he will be on a standby, as I think he will do well at Newcastle. 

Hopefully I get off to a good start this season.

If you have some suggestions, please comment down below!




Comments