My Predictions for the 2018/19 Premier League Season

The Premier League is arguably the most unpredictable league. So all my predictions might look stupid later, but here we go!

Title Race: Manchester City and Liverpool


City were fantastic last season on their way to a record breaking 100 points. With the signing of talented winger Riyad Mahrez and the return of Benjamin Mendy from injury, I expect them to look even better.
I think the reason Liverpool failed to mount any challenge to City last season was due to the lack of squad depth. However, they have done some great business to strengthen their squad. So they are serious contenders in my opinion. 
Winners- Liverpool

Also Check out:- Is Mo Salah a one season wonder?

Relegation: Huddersfield and Cardiff

Unlike the other two promoted teams, Cardiff have been relatively quiet in this transfer window. They have not done enough to stay up in my opinion. The same goes with Huddersfield as well.

Sacking: Jose Mourinho

This is a bold one, but I feel like Mourinho is not what he used to be anymore and is going nowhere with this United side. A lacklustre transfer window, criticism of his own squad by himself, a spat with Anthony Martial are all leading up to his downfall at Old Trafford in my opinion.

High expectations but a poor season: Arsenal and Everton

A new manager and promising transfer window have created big hope and excitement around their fan bases. 
But I feel they will need at least one season to get things going. It will take time for the players to gel together and get used to the new managerial philosophies. 
The same excitement was there at the start of last season for Everton, but they disappointed. I honestly expect the same to happen this season. On the other hand, I predict that Unai Emery's Arsenal will challenge for the title next season.

So I look forward to another great season of the Premier League and I know it will not disappoint.



Comments